June 2014

Updated Wednesday March 22, 2017 by Stoughton Youth Soccer League.

SYSL Board of Directors Meeting

June 10, 2014

7:30 PM

 

 

 

1.  Meeting called to order.

 

 

2.  Attendees

                Mario

                Lorraine

                Brian F

                Amanda

                Jon G

                Lou

                Colum

                Seamus

                Joanne

                Jen C

               

 

3. Kickin it for Jake- Event set up will be Friday 6-8 and Saturday 7:45-9

 

 

4. Review of minutes

  • Need to add Leo Rodrigues and Wayne Daigle to the Scholarship committee

  • Motion to accept Brian F 2nd by Shaun Unanimously approved

     

    *Ariel has resigned so we need to appoint a new board member.  Mario motions to appoint Jon Grant 2nd by Colum Unanimously approved.

     

    5.  Registrar's Report

  • Registration is open

  • Penny saver add- Need to change cost of u16/18 to $25 Motioned by Brian F 2nd by Shaun unanimously approved

     

    6.  Treasurer's Report

     

    7.  Field Report

  • Field 2 needs loom to fill in spots (call Wagner)

  • We need more gravel in front of the concession stand

  • Net behind the kick wall and field 3 came down and need to be put back up

  • I will buy Round Up at Bjs for the fields

     

    8. Concession Stand

  • nothing

       

    9.  SSSL Report

  • 3 rules passed

  • Rule changes proposed

To add-

  •  “Teams entered after December 1 shall not be considered for relief.” To rule 1.1.4

 

  •  Towns need to make known their field availability so the schedule can be created rule 1.2.2

 

  • list in rules the current practice/not to take away home games as a punishment, use fees instead rule 1.3.4

 

  • The rest can be found here http://www.southshoresoccer.com/Portals/213/Documents/Rules/Rules%20Proposals%20-%206-9-14.pdf

     

     

    10. Spring 2014

     

  • Volunteer of the season- none yet

  • We are not going to reschedule the coaches appreciation night

  • We need to hand out sponsor plaques

  • Trophies are in the concession stand

  • Jon Grant will take over working with MPS.

  • The u12 play offs went great

  • Joanne will email the sponsor thank you to the Penny Saver

     

    11. Fall 2014 Season

  • Age coordinators

    • U5-Lorraine

    • U6-Shaun

    • U8G-Jon G

    • U8B-Brian F

    • U10G-Amanda

    • U10B-Lou

    • U12G-Seamus

    • U12B-John F

    • U14-Lisa

    • U16/18- Colum

  • Tryout dates

    • June 23rd,24th,25th

    • Monday June 23rd

      • 530-630 U12Boys

      • 645-745 U12Gils

    • Tuesday June 24th

      • 530-630 U10Boys

      • 645-745 U10Girls

    • Wednesday June 25th

      • 530-630 U14Boys

      • 645-745 U14Girls

  • Fall schedule

    • Need to notify SSSL about Yom Kippur is on 10/4 and we will not hold any games then

    • Columbus day falls on 10/11

    • There will be no Jamboree

  • Scheduled dates to play

    • 9/6

    • 9/13

    • 9/15- week day game

    • 9/16- week day game

    • 9/20

    • 9/27

    • 10/11

    • 10/18

    • 10/25

    • 11/1- rain date

  • Motion- Brian F 2nd Seamus unanimously approved

     

    12. Old Business

  • Email votes- To appoint Jon G as a new board memberMotioned by Mario 2nd by Colum and unanimously passed

    • Scholarship dedicated to Marissa Ramos Motion by Lorraine 2nd by Colum unanimously approved

    • Move elections from 6/1 to 6/8 Motion by Lorraine 2nd by Amanda unanimously approved

  • SYSL night out at the revs- tickets are still available.6/28

  • Mario ordered the patches

  • 2014 Scholarship recipients

    • Zach Monahan

    • Kassandra Melo

    • Rachel Berkowsky

       

      13. New Business

  • Board dinner- Tabled

  • General meeting is 6/18 at 7pm.We will meet at the fields.

     

    14. Topps

  • Ended a week ago

  • They have a budget of $200

  • Topps fundraiser will be on Saturday and we need teams

    • Right now there are 4 adult teams, 4 u8 teams, 1u5/6 team, 1 teens team

    • Each player will get a waiver

       

      15.  Meeting Adjourned

                     

      Next Meeting on Monday July 7th at 730

       

      Minutes respectfully submitted by Amanda Grant

       

       

       




COMMENTS
This article has No Comments.
Be the first to add your comments!
Click the "Post a New Comment" button below.
firstname lastname commented Just Now
×
"body"

You must be a member of the League and logged in to post comments. Login here.