Updated Wednesday March 22, 2017 by Stoughton Youth Soccer League.
SYSL Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, August 4, 2014
- Roll Call
- Shaun Garrity, Brian Falcione, Seamus Fennessy, Lisa Buckley, John Freitas, Lou Teixeira, Lorraine Paukner, Colum Kavanagh
- Jon Grant – arrived late
- Amanda Grant – not in attendance
- Review of Minutes from June & July
- Motion – Seamus / Second – Brian
- Registrar’s Report
- Lisa reviewed Fall numbers, Registration is closed as of 7/31 except for U14B’s to get enough for two teams, U16/18 remains open too.
- Motion – Seamus / Second – Brian
- Treasurer’s Report
- Check signing authorization – Add Lorraine, remove Mario. Lorraine to call bank and coordinate
- Report was tabled
- Lorraine to look into updating the officers
- Motion – Lisa / Second – Seamus
- Field Report
- General Condition
- Seeding front of Field 2 – Seamus is waiting for pricing from Tracey for seed and areas to fill
- Landscaping Invoices – Seamus rec’d invoice for July
- John Freitas has dump truck
- Is Sod an option? Get pallet and try
- Seamus to put together Donation proposal request letter for the field work that needs to be done
- Breaker split for electric and water or just one of the two? A shut off was installed so there is no leak.
- Shaun is getting a quote on fence for back stop, Field 1 and kickwall
- Do we need new boys/girls room signs that face the opposite direction?
- Motion – Seamus / Second – Lisa
- Concession Report
- All stock donated to Marissa’s fundraiser
- SSSL Report
- Rules Vote in September (Stoughton has 3 votes) – we need three attendees
- TOPS Soccer Report
- Lisa/Amanda to open TOPS registration for Jen
- Old Business
- Sponsor Plaques – paid and unpaid
- Plaques to be corrected – they have been done and on their way to SYSL
- Pick up plaques at concession and distribute them
- To avoid errors on the plaque – can we get template or form so we can type it out prior to picture night?
- Fall ’14 Season
- Approve email votes – none
- Coaches Mtg & Coaches Packet – Suggestion to have it online only. Have it ready by 8/15. New format – separate by age group so quick reference and easier to follow
- Field Clean Up Day
i.Prep work – 8/29 Markers; Prep 8/30 7-7:30am start; Arrival 8:30
- In House
i.Rosters/team create by Sunday
- Travel Rosters
i.U10G – 3 teams – Amanda to sit with the coaches to set up three teams then propose the coaches for approval (this week)
ii.U12G – 16p – w/f SSSL to approve the 16th player. 15p to dress for each game.
iii.U14B – 2 teams – players in the pipeline – we are at 26p
iv.U14G – 2 teams are set
- Open close schedule/concession stand/field lining schedule – Colum will create draft
- Permit to use school fields – Lorraine
- Sponsors – Get sponsors for Fall! All board members must help!
- In House Uni Order – Table
i.Send in house shorts/socks numbers to Mario/Colum
- Travel Uni Order – Orange Socks – numbers to Mario/Colum
- Release Rosters – 8/15!
- Coach soccer balls / Coach Kit
i.Windsor Tire / BJ’s / Michelin for soccer balls
ii.John Freitas to contact Franklin Sporting Goods / Dick’s / Modell’s
- Report on meeting w/ GPS/MPS
- Reviewed community outreach program. Regular Program No Additional Programs at this time: Motion - Brian / Second – Lisa
- New Business
- Spring 2015 registration – turn on the second week of the season
- Fall SYSL night at Gillette – Mario will get dates
- New Board Members
i.Keys, passwords, SP, concession, website (John needs keys)
ii.Old members need to return their keys
- Concussion training online for coaches? This will be added to the website and available to all coaches
- AED for Kolz fields – Brian Freedman to provide the AED
- Next Meeting 9/8/14
This article has No Comments.
You must be a member of the League and logged in to
post comments. Login here.