February 2016

Updated Monday March 7, 2016 by Stoughton Youth Soccer League.

SYSL Board of Directors Meeting

Monday February 8, 2016

7:30 pm

Agenda

  1. Roll Call (Amanda Freitas, Lisa Buckley, Colum Kavanagh, , Shaun Garrity, Lou Teixeira, Craig Smith, Ian Fox) (Not in attendance - Jon Grant, Sandro Santos, Seamus Fennessey)
  2. Review of minutes from January
  3. Registrars Report
  4. Treasurers Report
    1. Taxes – Filed and paid
    2. Field permit to be submitted this month
    3. SYSL 2nd half fees paid to sssl on 2/1
  5. Field Report
    1. Landscape Bids needed. Major issue. – Seamus to get these out by the end of the week
  6. Concession Report - Tabled
  7. SSSL report
  8. TOPS Soccer Report – U16/U18 conflict on field 1. Move TOPS back?
    1. Lisa to text Jen to confirm
  9. Spring 2016
    1. Record travel coach votes
    2. Travel League
      1. Finalize coach selection pending CORI
      2. Roster release update
        1. U18, u10, u12B, u14, u16 can be released
        2. Hold off on u12g
      3. Uniform order date after assigning shirt numbers
        1. Lisa/SP already ran the jersey numbers and fed into this season
        2. Lisa to run the SP report for travel uni’s
        3. Coordinators to follow up with new players to be sure they are all set with uniforms
      4. Coach system access
        1. Amanda to turn on access by tomorrow
      5. Spring sponsorship update
        1. Jon provided update via email. Two sponsors left
    3. Rec-league
      1. Choose number of teams per division
      2. Choose coaches
        1. Coordinators are working on it
      3. Pick team creation date
        1. Monday 2/22
      4. Approve uniform purchase through POPTops
        1. Approved, Motion Amanda, 2nd Shaun
      5. Pick uni order date
        1. Socks and shirt when report is done
        2. Shirts by 2/29
      6. Pick div play times on Sunday’s
        1. U5 and u8G 1:30
        2. U6 and u8B 12
        3. TOPS 1pm - TBConfirmed
  10. Old Business
    1. Sponsor Thank You
      1. Done. Sent after January meeting
    2. Field Permit
      1. Lisa gave form to Shaun to fill out and submit with payment
  11. New Business
    1. Marissa Paige Ramos Memorial Foundation – Joanne Gately – YES Lisa motion Amanda 2nd
      1. 200p, no charge
      2. Will get the insurance liability policy
      3. Donations, raffles, etc.
      4. June 24th
    2. Jake Hoffman Memorial Soccer Tournament – Frank Faria – YES Amanda motion Shaun 2nd
      1. Sat, June 18th
      2. 32 teams, 300p, same as last year
      3. DJ, raffles, concession
      4. Waivers for all players
      5. $20 entry
      6. They are planning to give back to HS and SYSL fields
      7. Micro system is one idea
      8. Sponsor players
    3. Hanson School Fair
      1. Yes, no vote needed, one per year per school
    4. SYSL night at the rev’s
      1. 5/21
    5. Modell’s (Colleen) wants to send us a coupon for use in their store or for online purchases
      1. Website and FB
    6. SHS inquired as to if we are doing scholarships again this year
      1. Yes!
    7. Discuss charge for training, but not playing (due to no positions on the team)
      1. $20 across the board for travel
      2. In house has room (prior to the deadline)
      3. Lisa to add to policy
  1. Adjourn – next meeting     (Monday 3/7/16 – 7:30pm) Police station 




COMMENTS
This article has No Comments.
Be the first to add your comments!
Click the "Post a New Comment" button below.
firstname lastname commented Just Now
×
"body"

You must be a member of the League and logged in to post comments. Login here.